Friday 23 May 2014

Banana Oat Pancakes

As I have finished school I seem to have a lot more time on my hands and earlier today I decided to make these healthy banana oat pancakes. They were really simple to make with only minimal ingredients being needed plus they tasted really good.



To make 6 Banana Oat Pancakes

80g Rolled Oats
1 Banana
2 tbsp of Honey
2 Egg Whites
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp of Water
Handful of Blueberries (fresh or frozen)


I placed all of the ingredients needed for the pancakes in a bowl apart from the blueberries and only used 1 tbsp of the honey as the remaining ingredients were for the blueberry topping. 


 I mixed all of the ingredients together with a fork so that the pancakes could be cooked. The ingredients could also be blended which would have probably been easier as doing it with a fork was quite tricky.


I then cooked the pancakes using a frying pan and spooning the mixture to form the round pancake shape. I cooked the pancakes for a few minutes on each side until cooked. 


Once the pancakes were cooked I made a blueberry sauce for the topping. I used frozen blueberries and 1 tbsp of Honey and boiled until they represented a sauce. This can be done with pretty much any fruit.



Have you ever made these pancakes before? 


No comments:

Post a Comment