Saturday 12 April 2014

Highlighters I Love

Recently I have become obsessed with highlighters. What I love about highlighters is that they're such universal products that can be used to highlight so many areas of the face, as well as being used to contour and can be used as an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base. They are such beautiful products and here are some of my favourites. 



From left-right: YSL Touche Éclat, Benefit High Beam, Topshop Glow Stick,
Topshop Highlighter (Crescent Moon) and Diorshow Mono (Bikini) 

YSL Touche ÉclatThis has been my go to product for the past year or so now and I can't imagine my life without it as it really brightens the face, making me feel super awake. This product can be used as both a concealer and highlighter and even though it is fairly pricey at £25.00 per pen it is worth it as it is so universal. It really works for brightening under the eyes, highlighting the brow bone and as an eyeshadow primer, just one click does the job. 

Benefit High Beam, This liquid highlighter can be used to highlight the cheek and brow bones. It is so easy to apply, dotting on the areas of your face and then blend using the tips of your fingers giving a satiny finish. I love using this product throughout winter time, however in summer when I have a tan I tend to use Sun Beam which is extremely similar to this product but is a golden bronze colour. 

Topshop Glow Stick, This is a fairly recent buy of mine which I adore. The Glow Stick is in the colour Play Up and is extremely similar to Benefits Watts Up highlighter. It is a golden colour cream highlighter which is rather pigmented so only a minimal amount is needed, it is a twist up stick and I can see this lasting me ages. 

Topshop Highlighter (Crescent Moon), This highlighter is in powder form and is seriously pigmented. Very little of this product is needed and when it is applied correctly it looks gorgeous. Not only can you use this product to highlight your cheek and brow bones, It doubles up as an eyeshadow. I use a real techniques setting brush to apply this. 

Diorshow Mono (Bikini), This product is in fact an eyeshadow, but looks beautiful when applied as a highlighter. I discovered this product when going into Dior last year asking for a pink toned highlighter and being advised to buy this. I am so glad I purchased this as it is my all time favourite highlighter. The compact comes with two eyeshadow brushes however I prefer to use a Mac 138 Tapered Face Brush to apply. 


Have you tried any highlighters, if so what are your favourite? 


4 comments:

  1. I use High Beam and I love it! It's so easy to blend and the colour of it is gorgeous! I really want to try the Topshop Highlighters, they sound really good! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes High Beam is such a lovely highlighter, I love benefit highlighters! They're surprisingly really good I really want to try the glow highlighters from Topshop X

      Delete
  2. I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award :-) xx

    http://so-phiaaa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger.html#more

    ReplyDelete